Baking in the fall and winter months starts to ramp up as we start to crave comfort food to warm our bodies and keep our digestive fire burning. Baking can also be a way to calm yourself and practice mindfulness – some even liken it to meditating! At Farmtrue, we love cooking and baking with ghee, so here’s one of our favorites!
Perfect for a nutritious grab and go breakfast or a satisfying afternoon snack, this recipe for Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread doesn’t disappoint! Satisfying to your sweet tooth and packed full of nutrient dense ingredients, this recipe uses almond flour making it both wheat and gluten free. Lynn made this bread for us last week and we couldn’t get enough of it.
In Ayurveda, pumpkin is known to promote feelings of contentment and relaxation. This mildly sweet and versatile grounding ingredient can be used in sweet and savory dishes to help satisfy your stomach and calm your mind. Pumpkin contains magnesium and potassium which help to relieve tension and muscle tightness in the body as well as coating the digestive tract keeping the mucosal lining intact and nourished.
By using ghee in this recipe, you’re helping your body better absorb all of the nutrients from the pumpkin and cinnamon deeper into your systems and tissues. Pumpkin is an anti-inflammatory vegetable known to help ease ulcers, acid reflux, and digestive discomfort. For some, pumpkin might actually be considered cooling. Try preparing it with warming spices like cinnamon (used in the recipe here), ginger, or nutmeg to help keep your digestive fire burning.
Show us your bread! Tag us at @Farmtrue and we’ll share the love.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a bread pan with parchment paper so that some sticks out on either side. This ensures the bread won’t stick to the pan and will help make removal easier.
3. Combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Combine eggs, maple syrup, ghee, coconut oil, pumpkin, and vanilla in a stand mixer until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and continue mixing.
6. Once everything is well mixed, stir in raisins or chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter into bread pan.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
9. Let cool and enjoy with more Farmtrue Traditional Ghee spread on top of your slice.