If you’re looking for an easy, comforting and nutritious meal, our Ayurvedic Kitchari recipe is the perfect go-to pantry staple!
Ayurvedic Dahl (Kitchari)
Ayurvedic Dahl, or Kitchari, is a tri-doshic comfort food made of easily digestible split mung beans, long grain white rice, and anti-inflammatory spices that assist in cleansing the digestive system and building immunity. Our Traditional Ayurvedic Kitchari Kit is a healthy and warming and rejeuvenating meal, made simple. With the addition of our hand-picked organic spices, this dish is flavorful and satisfying for any meal of the day.
Split mung beans are high in magnesium while basmati rice is easily digestible. Together Mung beans and rice form a complete nutrient rich protein. Our Ayurvedic Dahl recipe includes a generous amount of nutrient rich Farmtrue Traditional Grass-fed Ghee, a lubricant and carrier oil for herbs and spices. Organic Ayurvedic ingredients such as brown mustard seeds, turmeric, cumin, fenugreek, coriander, ginger, asafoetida, cilantro and red pepper are immune building and can be adjusted for your dosha. If you’re making from scratch at home, feel free to use any combination of split mung beans, rice, your favorite seasonal vegetables and spices. Kitchari is beautifully versatile!
1. Clean Kitchari and rinse thoroughly.
2. In a medium saucepan combine 7 cups of water, salt, washed Kitchari, and sweet potato.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In a small saucepan, melt Farmtrue Grass-fed Traditional Ghee and infuse Farmtrue Kitchari Cleansing Herb package, grated ginger, fresh cayenne.
5. Infuse for about 5 minutes on low heat.
6. Stir Ghee infusion into Kitchari and continue cooking until done.
7. Top with fresh herbs and enjoy!